Summary of course content
Geography is a highly relevant subject to study and goes hand in hand with any other humanities or science subjects to help you achieve your career.
Throughout this course, you will discover the world on various levels. Are you ready?
By studying this Cambridge International AS & A Level course you will develop:
- an understanding of the principal processes operating within physical geography and human geography
- an understanding of the causes and effects of change on natural and human environments
- an awareness of the usefulness of geographical analysis to understand and solve contemporary human and environmental problems
Candidates for Cambridge International AS Level Geography study the following topics:
Core Physical Geography
- Hydrology and fluvial geomorphology
- Atmosphere and weather
- Rocks and weathering
Core Human Geography
- Settlement dynamics
Candidates for Cambridge International A Level Geography study the AS Level topics and two options from:
Advanced Physical Geography Options
- Tropical environments
- Coastal environments
- Hazardous environments
- Hot arid and semi-arid environments
and two options from:
Advanced Human Geography Options
- Production, location and change
- Environmental management
- Global interdependence
- Economic transition
How the course is assessed
For Cambridge International AS Level Geography, candidates take two written papers.
For Cambridge International A Level Geography candidates take four written papers.
Guided Learning Hours
Guided learning hours give an indication of the amount of contact time teachers need to have with learners to deliver a particular course. Our syllabuses are designed around 180 guided learning hours for Cambridge International AS Level, and around 360 guided learning hours for Cambridge International A Level.